Ref. 3858 : French chateau for sale in Eure department.
This beautiful property is located in the Eure department, 5 km from the prefecture town of Evreux. Paris is 100 km away (1h30). The Evreux train station allows you to reach Paris-St Lazare in about 1 hour.
Access to the chateau is through a beautiful main gate and an elegant garden of pruned yews and rhododendrons reveals the elegant façade of the building.
The origin of the chateau is fixed at the 18 th century for its central part. The wings were added in the 19th century. Its main façade, covered with a light ochre plaster, is open with high doors and windows in a classical layout.
With a living space of approx. 410sqm, the chateau comprises :
On the ground floor: the entrance, which is via the central building, opens into a beautiful tiled vestibule with a large bay window giving a glimpse of the parklands to the rear. It leads on the right to the small lounge with parquet flooring, drapes and a fireplace and the large lounge with parquet flooring, on the left to the dining room with wood panelling, a large fireplace and parquet flooring, the pantry and the kitchen as well as a small storage room, wc, and a slope leading down to the cellar (outside access).
On the first floor, with parquet flooring, a large landing leads to a suite with a dressing room, 4 bedrooms, a small study, a bathroom, 2 bathrooms and a toilet.
On the second floor, fully insulated and with parquet flooring, a large games room (65sqm), 3 bedrooms under the high 18th century roof structure, which was enhanced during the restoration of this level by the owners, a bathroom and a toilet.
The outbuildings include :
- a rented dwelling (807 euros/month with 3 bedrooms (110sqm), butane gas central heating, adjoining a set of buildings consisting of a barn, 3 sheep boxes, hutches, a stable and a workshop, attic.
- A rented dwelling of 80sqm (522 euros/month with 2 bedrooms, gas central heating and/or wood stove).
- A building with 8 horse boxes.
- A large closed garage and a building for parking a dozen cars protected from bad weather.
- A building in the pasture.
- A tennis court built in 2000.
- An old large greenhouse to be restored.
- A small caretaker's cottage to be restored with an independent access through a large gate.
The park is entirely enclosed by walls or fences. It is planted with century-old trees and an orchard is planted with numerous fruit trees. The total land area is 14.75 acres (5ha 97a 19ca).